Imaginary client projects are to kick inspiration for interior design projects and for fun. First imaginary client project is for a summer house. Dream of green trees and blue oceans, people sunning in the beach in a Mediterranean setting. This client is looking for a stylish yet relaxing environment which is an escape from everyday rush and traffic in the big city. Since it is a summer house I decided to stick with lighter tones of blue, white and yellow enriched with natural tones of wood, leather and sea-grass. The client (who I assume is a woman) loves beach, wears elegant vintage kaftans and combines them with high-end jewelry pieces so I decided to go with 60’s inspired furniture and combine them with more up-to-date, chic accessories.
I prefer starting with the empty white box, so walls could go anywhere between white to soft blues. I recommend to pursue nature vibe on floors. Go for the perfect mid-century flooring styled wood flooring – organic and natural and yet smooth and refined.
Put mood board here.
- Sun Drops painting to color the room. This painting is where all started for me. The rich colors energize the room yet reflect the whole palette. Put it above the dresser or the bed. ($249)
- Need some blue opaline color table lamps to match this painting? Too expensive to find opaline lamps? Try these Eden Table lamps instead. ($669)
- Acorn Mid-century bed. 60’s inspired wooden eucalyptus bed surely brings in some nature and the necessary vintage vibe to the room. ($899)
- Acorn Mid-century nightstand. 60’s inspired wooden nightstand to match bed and put books&glasses, it also has drawers to pack small stuff. ($299)
- Although I like the knobs on the dresser, for a more elegant look I prefer these ceramic ones from Zara home. These Anthropologie teal ones are also a scene stealer.
- This slim legged, bronze finished mid-century dresser will put everything in order while acting like a nightstand too. ($999) For those who want a cheaper alternative this Target one will secure the deal for only $408.
- Gold side table
Here is a view of the floor plan to put everything in place.
Notice the brass and gold finishes in lamp, accessories and accent table come together with blues and yellows in the room. This room showcases both the serenity and luxury of this glam chic. I would love to spend a summer weekend in her stylish home!